The University Hospital is a 210-bed center of excellence with a functional architectural design and highly-skilled professionals. It offers the latest diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Specialists from various areas (Cardiology, Cardiovascular Surgery, Pediatric Cardiology, Respiratory Medicine, Nephrology, Hemodialysis, Hepatology, Immunology, Cardiovascular Rehabilitation, Hematology, Transfusion Medicine, Nutrition, Psychopathology, Infection Control, Histocompatibility, Pathology, Laboratory, among others) contribute to its multidisciplinary approach.
Round-the-clock care is provided: emergency physicians, three state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization labs and six operating rooms are readily available. These services are of particular importance for patients with acute myocardial infarction or acute dissecting aneurysms. Ventricular assist devices such as Novacor®, Polvad II, extracorporeal membrane oxygenator (ECMO), and others are used.
Emphasis is placed on severe cardiac failure. Thus, thoracic organ transplantations (heart, lung, double lung, heart-double lung or block) place the Favaloro Foundation at the forefront in transplant, number of patients and quality of outcomes. Renal, liver, intestinal and bone marrow transplants are also performed.
Departments and Services
- Clinical Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Thoracic Transplantation
- Coronary Care Unit
- Interventional Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Prevention
- Cardiovascular Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics
- Respiratory Medicine
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Hepatology, Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation
- Nephrology, Urology and Renal Transplantation
- Nutrition and Diet Therapy
- Institute of Neuroscience
- Intestine Nutrition, Rehabilitation and Transplantation Unit
- Bariatric Surgery
- 64-Channel Multislice Computed Tomography
- Center of Prevention and Ambulatory Care in Northern Greater Buenos Aires
- Cardiovascular Center in Salta